Thinking about stopping smoking?
- Quitting smoking is the single most important thing you can do to dramatically increase your chances of living longer.
- Thinking about the reasons to go smokefree is a brilliant way to motivate yourself.
- You’ll feel fitter and healthier.
- You’ll save money – a 20 a day smoker would save more than £2000 in just a year.
- You will no longer smell of stale tobacco.
- Your sense of taste will improve.
- You will have more time to do things.
- You will have better looking skin, eyes, hair and teeth.
- Quitting smoking has immediate benefits.
- Within 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal and your risk of having heart attack reduces.
You can do it
- You are four times more likely to successfully quit by getting professional help
- Swindon Stop Smoking Service can offer a range of services and support smokers through their quit attempt to help you go smoke-free and choose an approach which suits your lifestyle
- The Swindon Stop Smoking Service is free and helps thousands of people to quit for good. Find out more by calling freephone 0800 389 2229, 01793 465543 or text 07881 281797 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The service is available across Swindon at lots of locations, including support from your GP and your local pharmacy.
- You can increase your chance of successfully quitting and beating those cravings by using stop smoking aids such as patches, gum or lozenges. Prescription medications are also available.
Other benefits include:
- Reducing your chances of developing illnesses such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.
- Reduce your risk of disability caused by amputation due to gangrene and other circulatory diseases.
SmokeFree: Boost your chances of quitting successfully with a free NHS Quit Kit. A box of practical tools and advice developed by experts, smokers and ex-smokers.
The NHS Asian Tobacco Helplines exist to help South Asian people who wish to quit smoking. Choose a helpline below to speak to an adviser in your preferred language. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 11:00 – 17:00.
Urdu 0800 1690881
Punjabi 0800 1690882
Hindi 0800 1690883
Gujarat 0800 1690884
Bengali 0800 1690885