This very popular training day runs twice a year and is organised by Swindon GP Education Trust www.swindongpeducation.co.uk and held at Swindon Football Club Conference Rooms.
It is for GPs, Practice Nurses, GP trainees and allied health care professionals who wish to be updated or trained on the knowledge, skills and attitude related to caring for the person with diabetes.
Previous sessions have included:
- Insulin Workshops – types, profiles, dose adjustment etc.
- Diabetes and Kidneys – all you need to know
- DVLA and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Challenging cases
- Feet workshop
- Consultation style in improving patient engagement through the use of Motivational interviewing and Shared Decision Making
- DESMOND (Diabetes Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed.)
Sessions are mostly run in small groups, with case based scenarios, hands on skills practice, quiz, questions and answers. Facilitators are local Consultants, Diabetes Specialist Nurse, Practice Nurses, Podiatrists, Psychologist and Dieticians.
For more information, and how to book yourself on a place, please go to: www.swindongpeducation.co.uk.
See the attached Flyer for Diabetes Training Day Jan 2013 for an example of a programme.